Charles de Gaulle Airport is the largest international airport in France and second-busiest airport in Europe located in between the commune Val-d’Oise, Seine-Saint-Denis and Seine-et-Marne. The airport is situated at Roissy-en-France that is 23 km northeast of Paris.
This airport serves as the main hub for Air France and destination for other legacy carriers and some local carriers. It can handle around 480,945 aircraft movements.
Terminal Information: This airport has three terminals:
- Terminal 1 is the oldest terminal that is situated opposite to Terminal 3. It is used for international flights.
- Terminal 2 is located at another side with 7 different sub-terminal buildings numbered from 2A to 2G. Basically it is used for European flights. Terminals 2A to 2F are interconnected by elevated walkways and situated next to each other.
- Terminal 3 (formerly known as “Terminal 9”) hosts charter and low-cost airlines.
- Information Desk: There are several information points throughout the airport. These can be found at T1 Gate 2 (Departures) and Gate 36 (Arrivals), T2A (Gate 6), T2C (Gate 6), T2D (Gate 6), T2E Gate 6 (Departures) and Gate 8 (Arrivals), T2F (Gate 7), T2G (Public Hall), T3 Entrance Halls in Arrivals and Departures.
- Lost Property: If you’ve misplaced something you can go to the airport’s lost and found department to see if anything has been handed in. They are situated in all the terminals.
- ATMs: ATMs, operated by HSBC, are available here.
- Currency Exchange: Foreign currency exchange offers the service of money transfers; VAT refund and more are available at Travelex. You can find them at T1 and T2 A/C/D/E/F.
- Free Wi-Fi: Internet access facility of free wi-fi is available at the airport. Other than this two other charges services are also available here. The charges are € 2.90 for 20 min and € 9.90 for 24 hours. Charges may vary depending on the speed and plan you are using.
- Prayer Room: There are a couple prayer rooms available at the airport where you can go for r meditation and spend some time in peace. They are located at: Terminal 1 (Level CDGVAL, Halls 5 and 6), Chapel (Scheduled Catholic Mass, Protestant service, and Christian prayer time available), Terminal 2E (boarding area of Hall L, next to Gate L33).
- Charging Stations: There are many ChargeBox columns with charging leads for most phones. It takes around 30 – 90 minutes to fully charge the mobile. These are available at: T1, Terminals 2E, 2F, 2G, T3, and Terminals 2A, 2C, 2D.
- Baby Care Facilities: Baby care areas are available landside and airside in all the airport restrooms on the Departures and Arrivals levels.
- Play Area for Children: the airport features the colorful play areas featuring Gulli network TV programs and games. These are located at Terminal 2C, airside (Departures lounge), Terminal 2F, airside (Departures lounge), Terminal 2D, airside (Departures lounge).
- Medical Assistance and Pharmacy: For emergency medical treatment you need to reach T2F, landside, Arrivals level at Entrance 017. Also there are pharmacies at various locations.
|YOTELAIR Paris Charles de Gaulle||Located inside the airport|
|Ibis Paris Airport||2 minute walk from Terminal 3|
|CitizenM||5 minute walking distance to Terminal 3|
|Hilton Charles de Gaulle Airport||5 minute walk from Terminal 3|
|Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel||2 minute walk from Terminal 2|
|Novotel CDG Terminal||2 minute walk from Terminal 3|
|Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport||7 minute walk from Terminal 1|
|Icare Lounge||Terminal 1, Airside, International Departures|
|Star Alliance Lounge||Terminal 1, Airside, Level 11|
|Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge||Terminal 2A, Airside, near Gates A37-39|
|American Airlines Admirals Club||Terminal 2A|
|Sheltair Lounge||Terminal 2D, Airside, Level 1|
|Yotel Lounge||Terminal 2E, Airside|
Thomas Migot (Réunion) 8th July 2019
This airport is huge and I really like it. The staff is great, they helped me when I need and it was a good experience! The Duty-free is really cool too! There are a lot of signs to help us and not a lot of queuing.
Xi Li (Switzerland) 9th June 2019
Very competent and nice staff! Especially Bégam and Inets at the Skin Care part of Duty Free Shop. They told me about the voucher program that others should have told me as well but didn’t. I’m so glad there are such competent and kind staff working at the airport. Thank you a lot, I’ll come back again to Paris!
C Vincent (Ireland) 2nd April 2019
Love this airport. Huge, clean, staff very friendly. Clean toilets. Very good connection with Paris via RER B train which just near Terminal 2E from where we took our flight back to Dublin and you can take this RER B train just 3 minutes walk from Notre Dame de Paris. Tickets cost for adult only €10.30 and discount for kids. Taxi will cost you about €60 and wasn’t option for me since I was with my daughter who suffers from travel sickness in cars and buses but never on train.
T Davies (Czech Republic) 21st March 2019
I arrived to Terminal 2E and had to catch a connecting flight from Terminal 2F. When I left the plane it was a bit tricky to find the right direction but within a few minutes I got it. The transfer took ~ 40 minutes. The airport seems to be very well maintained, it is clean, there is enough power outlets with USB charging options, enough shops and restaurants with slightly higher prices. Overall I liked being here as a passenger.