The Charles de Gaulle airport is the largest international airport in France as well as one of the largest airports in the world. It is one of the busiest hubs in Europe. It is also the world’s 10th busiest and Europe’s busiest airport.
Charles De Gaulle Airport Code & Name
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport is also known as Roissy Airport, which identifies with the code name of “CDG”.
It located within portions of several communes 25 km (16 mi) to the northeast of Paris.
Charles de Gaulle Airport is a hub for Air France as well as a European hub for SkyTeam alliance that is a partner of Delta Air Lines. This airport is focused on the low-cost carriers and Air Shuttle.
CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT TERMINALS
The free CDGVal shuttle train runs between the car parks, terminals and the train stations. It has 3-terminals:
- Terminal 1
- Terminal 2
- Terminal 3
The CDG’s modern terminals are offering quality, facilities, and services to the passengers. There are a number of amenities featured at the airport like restaurants, bars, and shops, plus extensive banking and currency, business, first aid, etc.
The following table will show the Charles De Gaulle Airport departures and arrivals of the terminals:
|Terminal 1||· CDGVAL level: Check-in zones 5 and 6, food court, CDGVAL station.
· Departures level: Check-in zones 1 to 4, airline ticketing desks, buses.
· Boarding level: To gates and duty-free shops.
· Arrivals level: Baggage reclaims area, car rental desks, and taxis.
· Blue, Red, Green levels: P1 car park.
|It is used by Star Alliance carriers and some other non-allied airlines.|
|Terminal 2||· Arrivals level: Terminals 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2G are single-storey buildings; 2E and 2F have Arrivals + Departures levels.
· Departures Level: Terminals 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2G are single-storey buildings; 2E and 2F have Arrivals + Departures levels.
|T2 is a hub for Air France & for SkyTeam carriers. Easyjet also uses the Terminal 2D.
|Terminal 3||· Arrivals Level: meeting point, Baggage claim area.
· Departures Level: Check-in in the Departures hall.
|T3 is used for low-cost carriers and charters.
You can enter into these lounges at the Paris CDG airport even if you are an economy class passenger. It is possible either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program.
|1.||Icare Lounge||Terminal 1, Airside, and International Departures||6:30 AM – 11:30 PM|
|2.||Lufthansa Business Lounge||Terminal 1, and Gates 60 – 68||5:00 AM – 9:00 PM (Mon – Fri)
5:00 AM – 7:15 PM (Sat)
5:30AM – 8:45 PM (Sun)
|3.||Star Alliance Lounge||Terminal 1, Airside, and Level 11||5:30 AM – 11:30 PM|
|4.||Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge||Terminal 2A, near Gates A37-39||7:30 AM – 1:30 PM|
|5.||Sheltair Lounge||Terminal 2D, Airside, Level 1||5:30 AM – 9:00 PM|
|6.||Yotel Lounge||Terminal 2E, Airside||5:00 AM – 10:00 PM|
|7.||Music Lounge||Terminal 2E||–|
CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT HOTELS:
There are a number of hotels in Charles de Gaulle airport and near the airport. You can choose one according to your suitability.
Hotel Inside & Nearby Charles de Gaulle airport:
|1.||YOTELAIR Paris Charles de Gaulle||Terminal 2E, Satellite L, Airside|
|2.||CitizenM||5 minutes away from the Terminal 3|
|3.||Hilton Charles de Gaulle Airport||5 minute away from the Terminal 3|
|4.||Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel||2 minutes away from the T2 and located in T2 across from the RER Station|
|5.||Novotel CDG Terminal||Walking distance is 2 minute from the Terminal 3|
|6.||Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport et Convention||5 minutes away from the Terminal 1.|
|7.||Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport||Walking distance is 7 minutes from Terminal 1|
In case, if sleeping in Airport does not appeal to you, then there also some hotels on budget that are placed within the distance of 5-10 minute from the airport.
AIRPORT WI-FI CONNECTIONS
Unlimited free Wi-Fi connection is available at the Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. They also have two interruption-free premium Wi-Fi services:
- Faster: It is 4 times faster than the standard free Wi-Fi.
- Stronger: This is 10 times faster than the standard free Wi-Fi and can connect up to five Wi-Fi devices.
CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION:
- RoissyBus connects CDG Airport with Paris Opéra Metro station in a 60-minute trip. Bus stops are located at Terminals 1, 2A/C, 2E/F, 2D and 3.
- easybus provides the bus service from Terminal 2 to the Paris city center. The first bus departs the city at 5:45 AM and the last bus departs the airport at 1:00 AM. It takes 45 to 60 minutes depending on traffic.
- Magical Shuttle provides direct service to Disneyland Paris and its hotels. Bus stops are at the Terminals 1, 2E, 2F, 2A, 2C, 2D, 2G and 3.
- Bus number 350 connects the airport to Gare de l’Est railway station.
- Bus number 351 goes to Paris Nation Metro station. Bus stops are at the terminals T1, 2A, 2C, 2B, 2D and Roissypole stations.
- Bus number 19 links the airport’s Roissypôle RER B station to Torcy RER A station.
By Rental Car:
You can book the car on-site that are available in the Arrivals area. The numbers of car rental agencies have rental desks in the Terminals 1, 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E and 2F and that are Advantage, Alamo, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, Europcar, National, Thrifty, Sixt, and TT Car Transit. Firefly and Interrent car rental agency platform are located only in T1.
By Inter-Terminal Shuttle:
The following transportation transports the passengers around the airport:
- The N1 shuttle travels between Terminals 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, PW Car Park, SNCF Railway Station, and Sheraton Hotel. It left in every 7 to 15 minutes.
- The N2 shuttle circulates between Terminals 2E, 2Fa and 2G in every 5-minute intervals from 5:30 AM to 11:00 PM.
- Five color-coded shuttles (red, green, yellow, blue and orange) transport passengers between terminals for connecting international and Schengen flights.
- CDGVAL is an automatic rail service that connects the airport terminals. Line 1 travels between Terminals 1, Terminal 2 Terminal 3 and car parks PR and PX. Line 2 travels between Terminals 2E and the satellite terminals (S3 and S4). But the services are stopped between 1:00 AM to 4:00 AM.
- The RER B rail transports the passengers between CDG Airport, suburbs to the south and downtown Paris. RER stations are located between the Terminals 1 and 3 and Terminals 2C, 2D, 2E, and 2F. Trains run in every 10 to 15 minutes.
- The TGV train is France’s high-speed long-distance train system. The TGV station is located between Terminals 2C, 2D, 2E, and 2F.
There are many food options available before landside and after airside security. The numbers of shops are available at the airport and some of them are:
Art in the Airport: The Parisian art and culture are located in Terminal 1 & Terminal 2E.
Baby Care: The changing tables and children’s toilets are available in the colorful baby care areas. It is located landside & airside in all the airport restrooms on the Departures and Arrivals levels. Strollers are available for use, free of charge at airside, Terminal 2E.
Currency Exchange: There is foreign currency exchange, money transfers, VAT refund and more are available at Travelex. Those are located in T1 and T2 A/C/D/E/F. It is open between 6:00 AM and 10:30 PM.
Eat and Drink: Food and drinks are available throughout each terminal. There are a number of shops available. Some of them are: Boco, Espressamente illy, Brioche, Doree, Exki, Costa Coffee, McDonald’s, Eric Kayser, Red d’-hippo, Starbucks, and Zumo
Duty-free shopping: The Paris Duty-Free shops are located in the boarding areas or departure lounges of T1, T2 (A, D, E (Hall K), F, G) and T3. A wide variety of retails shops is also available throughout the airport.
Children’s Play Areas: Colorful play areas featuring network TV programs and games are available on:
- Terminal 2C, airside, Departures lounge.
- Terminal 2F, airside, Departures lounge.
- Terminal 2D, airside, Departures lounge.
The Children who are 4 to 10 years old, Disney-themed play areas are available for those. Interactive toys, games and a TV corner with Disney shows and soft puffy seating are also available. It is located at the T2E and in the Satellite 4 (S4) terminal.
Information Desk: It is located at: T1 Gate 2 (Departures) and Gate 36 (Arrivals), T2A (Gate 6), T2C (Gate 6), T2D (Gate 6), T2E Gate 6 (Departures) and Gate 8 (Arrivals), T2F (Gate 7, T2G (Public Hall), T3 Entrance Halls in Arrivals and Departures.
Luggage Storage & Lockers: Bagages du Monde offers short and long-term storage, for up to 3 hours of storage (small item). It is located at T2, landside, TGV-RER Station, Level 4 opposite Sheraton Hotel. It is open between 6:00 AM – 9:30 PM.
Luggage Wrapping: Safe Bag luggage wrapping service is available at locations:
- T1, airside, Departures level, Gates 2 and 18
- T1, Level “Boutiquair”e
- T3, landside, Departures Hall
- T2A, landside, Gate 7
- T2C, landside, Gates 11 and 14
- T2D, landside, Gate 8
- T2E, landside, Gates 2, 5 and 14
- T2F, landside, Gate 6.
Showers facilities at CDG airport: Showers are available in a few of the lounges. Passengers can take the shower after or before long-haul flights.
Spa & Salon Services: Massages, facials, and various beauty treatments are available in Terminal 2E and Hall M. Seated massage is also available at the Be Relax kiosks that are located in T2.
Workstations: These are equipped with an electric socket, the business workstations are designed to make your waiting time comfortable. It is located at:
- Terminal 1, airside, in the boarding lounges
- Terminal 2D, airside, near gate D55
- Terminal 2EF, landside and airside, in the boarding lounges
- Terminal 2G, airside.
This guide helps you in planning yours. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, transportation, lounges, hotels providers and other facilities.
CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT REVIEWS:
By Ali G from Edmonton, Canada
My most recent trip was excellent in part because of all the GREAT duty-free shopping!! Due to potential lines, I get through the security lines early and that gave me plenty of time to stock up on tea and other great treats in the terminal before heading toward my gate.
By the gate there was a wonderful PS4 area where people could play or try for video games which I thought was a great idea. So many families and individuals were enjoying this option.
By Norm K. from Las Vegas, NV
I had a good experience with Charles de Gaulle Airport. Customs was fast on arrival; baggage pickup didn’t take much time. I arrive early on a Sunday morning at Terminal 2 where planes from the US and Canada arrive and depart. I didn’t pay much attention to the shops on arrival–I was in Paris so why should I care.
On departure, check-in and security went smoothly. After security, we went through a large duty-free shop there were also the several fast food places.